Retail stores are the main stops of consumers when it comes to a convenient setting to buy certain goods and other services. Several companies throughout the world continue to grow and prosper to sell products to customers in a staggering rate. One of those is the world famous Walmart.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is a US based superstores company that is headquartered (corporate headquarters address) in Bentonville, Arkansas, United States. This multinational company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31 of 1969.
By the end of January of 2017, Walmart stores and clubs amounted to 11,695 in 28 countries, under a collective 63 banners together with a dedicated airport for Walmart HQ. In Canada and US, it bears the original corporate name of Walmart.
It operates as “Walmart de México y Centroamérica” in Mexico and Central America, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, as Asda in the United Kingdom, and as Best Price in India. Operations continue in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. Walmart also owns and operates the Sam’s Club retail warehouses.
Credit card centers are also available in Walmart and its Walmart associates locations, home office, businesses and several head offices internationally.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Headquarters Address
|Traded as||NYSE: WMT|
|Industry focused||Retail industry|
|Founded in||1962 in Rogers, Arkansas, United States|
|Headquarters/Based in||Bentonville, Arkansas, United States|
702 SW 8th Street, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States
Contact number: 479-273-4000
Where is Walmart corporate located?
The Walmart headquarters is located in Bentonville, Arkansas – the location of the first Walmart stores. The company was founded by Sam Walton. The Walton family retains ownership of the stores to this day with several of the family members considered some of the richest people in the world.
Key People/Executives for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
|Mr. C. Douglas McMillon||Chief Exec. Officer, Pres & Director|
|Mr. Brett M. Biggs||Chief Financial Officer and Exec. VP|
|Mr. David Cheesewright BSC||Executive Vice President, CEO of International Division and Pres of International Division|
|Mr. Gregory S. Foran||Executive Vice President, Chief Exec. Officer of Walmart US and Pres of Walmart US|
|Mr. Marc E. Lore||Executive Vice President, CEO of eCommerce US and Pres of Walmart eCommerce US|
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Profile/Overview
In the year of 1945, former JC Penney employee Sam Walton, purchased a branch of the Ben Franklin stores from the Butler Brothers. The main interest is more on selling products at low prices to get higher-volume sales at a lower profit margin, which gave a crusader impression.
Developed and established, the then-small company was incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. on October 31, 1969. Meanwhile, it opened its home office and first distribution center in Bentonville, Arkansas in the year of 1970.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Products/Capabilities
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. showcases several formats of stores internationally. It operates through three segments:
- Walmart U.S.
- Walmart International
- Sam’s Club.
The company operates the following store categories:
- Discount stores
- Warehouse clubs
- Cash and carry stores
- Home improvement stores
- Specialty electronics stores
- Apparel stores
- Drug stores
- Convenience stores
- Membership-only warehouse clubs
Walmart also operates the other following digital services:
- Retail ebsites, such as walmart.com and samsclub.com
- Mobile commerce application
- Walmart online
In the goods division, walmart offers the following types:
- Grocery products, including meat, produce, natural and organic, deli and bakery, dairy, frozen foods, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Floral and dry grocery, as well as consumables, such as health and beauty aids, baby products, household chemicals, paper goods, and pet supplies
- Health and wellness products, which include pharmacy, optical services, clinical services, over-the-counter drugs, and other medical products.
- Technology devices, photo processing services, cellular phones, cellular service plan contracts and prepaid service, movies, music, video games, and books
- Stationery, automotive, hardware and paint, sporting goods, and outdoor living and horticulture, as well as fabrics, crafts, and seasonal merchandise
- Apparel for women, girls, men, boys, and infants, as well as shoes, jewelry, and accessories
- Home furnishings, housewares and small appliances, bedding, home decor, and toys.
In addition, it offers other industrial products such as:
- Fuel and financial services and related products, including money orders, prepaid cards, wire transfers, money transfers; check cashing, and bill payment.