Snap Inc. is based in the US and is one of the multinational technology and social media companies. It was founded on September 16, 2011 by Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy and its address is in Venice, Los Angeles, USA.
Its social media services are Snapchat and Spectacles as well as Bitmoji app. The company’ original name was Snapchat Inc. upon its initial introduction to the virtual market and later was re-branded in September 24, 2016 as Snap Inc. in order to merge the Spectacles product in just one business.
|HQ:||2772 Donald Douglas, Loop North Santa Monica, CA 90405 United States USA|
|Phone Number:||+1 (310) 399-3339|
|Fax:||+1 (302) 636-5454|
|Formerly called||Snapchat Inc. (2011-2016)|
|Traded as||SNAP: (NYSE)|
|Industry||Technology Social media|
|Founded||16 September 2011|
|Founders||Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy|
|Products||Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitstrips Inc., and Zenly SAS|
|Owner||Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy (each with 21.8% controlling equity; 70% voting power)|
Key Executives for Snapchat, Inc.
|Mr. Evan Spiegel||Co-Founder, CEO & Director|
|Mr. Robert Murphy||Co-Founder, CTO & Director|
|Mr. Derek Andersen||Chief Financial Officer|
|Ms. Rebecca Morrow||Chief Accounting Officer & Controller|
|Mr. Michael O’Sullivan||Gen. Counsel & Sec.|
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is one of the most widely used social media platforms around the world.
“Snap Inc” is an American based social media organization who made Snapchat app. This company was established on 16 September 2011 by Evan Spiegel, Reggie Brown and Bobby Murphy (all students at Stanford University) in Santa Monica, California, United States.
» Learn more about how to invest in stocks
The company was originally named Snapchat Inc, but it was changed in Sep 24, 2016, as Snap Inc. The organization also developed and maintained many other technologies, products and services like Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Snapchat.
What does it do?
Snapchat is a messaging app, provides the facility to exchange short videos and images (called snaps) which disappear after they are viewed. This app also offers us a new type of camera because the primary function of this app is to make videos or pictures, add lenses, filters or other types of interesting effects and share with friends.
Snapchat has almost 360 million monthly active users in Jan 2020 with nearly 3 billion snaps (videos and photos) generated every day.
Where is Snapchat headquarters located?
The headquarters of Snapchat is located in Santa Monica, California, United States. The principal building is located in 9500 square feet at 43rd street, 229 west according to the CoStar that supports more than 2000 employees work at a time.
Snap family is growing day by day and spread almost more than 27 cities across the 15 countries. Every office has its own culture, look and vibe – but it feels like Snap!
How do I contact Snapchat corporate?
Contact Details – costumer service, email, online chat:
Snapchat is an entertaining fun app, but it does not perfect when a severe problem arises.
Before going to the direct assistance of a customer service representative for your issue, try to troubleshoot by yourself.
You should only try to contact to the direct Snapchat assistance if your problem is severe and you can’t resolve it by yourself like you are unable to verify your mobile number or email address or you are concerned about privacy.
Note: Snapchat doesn’t provide any contact number or email address that you can use to contact with the assistant of Snapchat. You can only submit your problem and waiting for the Snapchat representative to contact you about it – Lifewire.
How do I reach out to Snapchat support?
Below, I have explained the complete procedure about how to contact a Snapchat representative.
- Firstly, open your Snapchat app on your Android or IOS mobile phone and sign-in your account (if necessary).
- Click/Tab on your profile icon (located in the top left corner).
- Then, Click/Tap the gear icon (located in the top right corner).
- On IOS scroll down to “More Information” and tab Support.
- On Android, scroll down to the Support section and tap the “I Need Help” hyperlink. Then tap/click the contact us button.
- Now, another section will appear. In this section, choose the category in which your issue relates. May be Snapchat provide you with another sub-list of issues so that you can choose more specifically.
- Then, a form will appear. Here you will give your Snapchat username, email address, mobile number, and device details. You will also add the information describing your issue in detail and attached screenshot but its optional.
- Then tab to the Send Button after completing your details.
It is important to have a valid email address associated with your Snapchat account. If you forget your password, your email address can be used to reset it!
Setting Your Email Address:
- On your Profile screen, tap
- Tap ‘Email’
- Tap the field that says ‘Email Address’ and enter a valid email address
Now, it’s time to verify your email address. Verifying your email address can help you secure your account 🔐 If you have not verified your email address, your settings gear will appear red.
Verifying Your Email Address:
- Tap the gear icon at the top of the Profile screen
- Then, tap your email address in the Settings screen, which will also appear in red
- A verification email will be sent to the email address associated with your account
- Follow the instructions in the email to complete your verification
How did Snapchat Start? History of Snapchat:
Snapchat was founded in 20ll by Bobby Murphy, Reggie Brown, and Evan Spiegel, all are the students at the University of Stanford.
“Snap Inc” is an American based social media company who made Snapchat app located in Santa Monica, California, United States.
The organization also developed and maintained many other technologies, products and services like Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Snapchat.
Reggie Brown came up by the concept of social media app which provides the facility to their users to post videos and photos that vanished after some movements.
Then Reggie Brown approached to Evan Spiegel with the idea and both are agreed to this (disappearing content after a few movements) ideas. Now they need a developer to make this app. They approached Bobby to write the code.
In July 2011, they launched the precursor version of Snapchat Picaboo.
Right afterwards, Bobby Murphy and Evan Spiegel forced Reggie Brown out of the company and then relaunched the company with the new name Snapchat in Sep 2011.
Till Sep 2014, they settled $157 million.
The company was initially named Snapchat Inc, but it was changed on Sep 24, 2016, as Snap Inc to coincide with the introduction of the company’s first hardware product “Smartglasses”. The main feature of this sunglasses is it’s a built-in camera that can record 10 seconds of video.
On Feb 20 2017, these smart glasses were available for online purchase.
According to the report of December 2019, Snapchat becomes to be the fifth most downloaded mobile app (Android downloads starting from 2012 and iOS downloads beginning in 2010).
The company was initially founded by Evan Spiegel and Robert “Bobby” Murphy along with the initial relaunch of Picaboo as Snapchat (the original name of Snap Inc.). Also in December 2013, Emily White, who had formerly been a high-profile executive in Facebook, Instagram, and Google, was hired as COO.
By January 2014, Mark Zuckerberg had negotiated to the company to acquire its major shares and to buy Snapchat and its assets, but Spiegel refused saying that short-term trading and negotiation was not interesting. In May 2014, the company continuously expands its service by acquiring the software AddLive and reached an agreement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In December of the same year, the company acquired Vergence Labs for $15 million in cash and stock, which is the developer of Epiphany Eyewear, and mobile app Scan.
In May 2015, the company had moved from its original headquarters (hq) to an office complex near Venice Beach, CA. Snapchat Inc., along with Whisper and Tinder were the first prominent social media companies that were established in this area making them recognized by The New York Times in its article saying because of its establishment with a total of 1,900 employees, Snapchat Inc. had already changed the face of Venice.
What was the IPO price for Snapchat?
The stock opened shortly before 11:20 a.m. on Thursday in New York, and started trading at $24 a share, rising 41.2 percent from its pricing at the open. The company, trading under the ticker SNAP, priced its public offering at $17 a share on Wednesday.
Snapchat Inc. Products
When it was recognized around the world and up to now, people are creative to use their social media app Snapchat on their pictures with different expressions and themes. This is the company’s aim i.e. to develop and maintain the image messaging and multimedia mobile app Snapchat, as well as developing and manufacturing the wearable camera called Spectacles in the app. Spectacles is a pair of smartglasses that connect to the user’s Snapchat account and records videos in a circular video format which is adjustable to any orientations. Last February 20, 2017, Snap Spectacles became available for purchase online to the public. Hence, Snap Inc. has been tremendously raising and capitalizing its business opportunities around the globe and was able to raise $485,000 in its seed round and an undisclosed amount of bridge funding from Lightspeed Ventures.
This signifies Snap is not only limited to its original offering of camera application that helps people communicate through exchange of pictures and videos. The Wall Street Journal reported that Facebook offered to acquire Snapchat for $3 billion, but Spiegel declined the cash offer. Interested multi-million firms are closely negotiating to group theirselves with Snap. And they are also interested to buy shares in Snap. Because of this, Snap stocks standing is reaching to a ceiling.
The company develops and maintains the image messaging and multimedia mobile app Snapchat, as well as develops and manufacturers the wearable camera called Spectacles, a pair of smartglasses that connect to the user’s Snapchat account and records videos in a circular video format adjustable in any orientation. On February 20, 2017, Snap Spectacles became available for purchase online.
The company sold only 220,000 pairs of Snap Spectacles V1. The company developed and launched Spectacles V2 on April 2018 in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and France; and 13 more European countries in May 2018.
Top Snapchat Acquisitions of All-Time:
Below, I have mentioned some top Snapchat acquisitions of all-time:
- AI Factory:Snapchat acquired the AI Factory in $166 million according to the Ukrainian tech publication, that included a new animated selfie feature in the Snapchat app.AI factory was invented by Victor Shaburov, Who previously created Looksery and sold it to Snap-in 2015.Snapchat is using the AI Factory’s to power newly launched feature “Cameos”. In which users can insert a selfie into a scene and send the short and videos to their friends.
- Bitmoji:Snapchat acquired the Bitstrips (Toronto based emoji) in $100 million according to the fortune report.
It provides the features to users to make custom avatars that mimic their own looks, and users can use those avatars in personalized emoji.
- Zenly:Snapchat bought social map startup Zenly for its latest feature. Snap acquired Zenly is between $250 million to $300 million.Snapchat is using the Zenly to power the newly launched feature “Snap Map” allows users to share their location with their Snapchat friends and find it on a map.Zenly also provides the feature called “ghost mode” who don’t want to be tracked and share their location.Zenly enables its users to share their real-time location. Users can also see how much battery left their friends and how many people see your location.
8 Benefits Of Using Snapchat For Marketing
In starting, Snapchat was just considered as a fun app, where user can send instant messages, videos and photos to their friends. But now different businesses are using the Snapchat to interact with their customers and advertise their products.
According to the report of April 2016, Snapchat gets almost 10 billion video views in a day. Youtube only gets nearly 3 billion views a day if you are not using the Snapchat app for marketing your business.
Below, I have explained some core benefits, which can also help in your business marketing as follows:
1. Real-Time marketing
Time-limited stories are a handy feature of the Snapchat app that offers real-time benefits to marketing. One of the latest story feature launched by the Snapchat allows users viewing a story, just hold down on the mobile phone screen and send the screenshot with your friends.
This feature is very beneficial for your business. For Example, you could post a promo code and say “Refer to your friend and both of you get 10% off”.
2. Show that you are a real person
With the Snapchat app, you can show your followers that you are more than a business; you are a real person. You can bring different personalities to your brand, and if followers relate with your snaps, they will be more likely to buy with you.
Showing how the procedure is running behind the scenes of your business attracts interest. Especially for the big fans of your company/brand.
For Example: Snapping images of employees working and doing presentations shows your customers what it’s like at your brand.
4. Justify your brand is up-to-date with trends
Most of peoples appreciate businesses that are following the trends and make the latest products.
For Example: if you go on an old website which design is looking old, it feels like the business is outdated.
Snapchat is a modern app. So, just by using Snapchat, you can be showing your followers that you are up-to-date.
5. Build a community
The meaning of marketing is not about acquiring customers to buy your product. The true meaning of marketing is creating a relationship with your customers. Different posts and individual chats with your audience is helpful in showing people know what you do and who you are.
6. Fun way to engage with your customers
Social media contests like Facebook and Twitter are the fun ways to engage your audience, but with Snapchat, your followers do not have to make more effort to take participate.
7. Get the attention with the Snapchat Ads
Shap Ads provide the facility to their users or business owners to target a unique larger audience outside of your own followers.
Whether your goal is to increase consideration and upraise awareness.
Snap Ads allows it’s users to create custom filters. This is a fantastic idea for local campaigns that want to raise awareness.
The another more exciting feature of Snapchat is Snap Publisher. It allows the business providers a complete video editing suite. It enables the users to make interesting ads in significantly less amount of time, and you don’t need to install additional software or app to use this feature.
8. Target the Younger audience
If you want to target the teenagers or younger audience, then Snapchat could be the perfect option for you.
Among its users, almost 23% audience belongs to the age between 13 – 17, while 18 – 24 years old make up 37% of the audience, nearly 26% of the audience belong to the 25 – 34 age group. In comparison, the remaining 14% audience belongs to the 35 or older age group.
How Does Snapchat Make Money?
There are five ways that Snapchat uses to make money are as follows:
- Snapchat Ads.
- Sponsored Lens Filters.
- Sports Partnerships.
- Snapchat Ads:The most prominent way for Snapchat to make money is by advertisements.During the passage of time, more advertisers joining this platform to advertise their products or services.
With Geofilters, peoples will no need to give the details manually whether they are in a park, landmark or any famous mall. Snapchat provides interesting filters that will provide the context of any snap. Users no need to explain where they are, why they are there and what they are doing.
- Sponsered Lens Filters:
Lens filters are another interesting feature of Snapchat. It’s similar to Geofilters, but they may only appear in a specific location.Most of the large organizations and brands launched their own sponsored lens filters like KFC.
- Sports Partnerships:Recently, Snapchat has partnered with different sports organizations such as MBL, NFL and NHL.The purpose behind it to promote the events among young and passionate folks. You have noticed how these stories are attractive to Nike and Adidas, as they can promote their product to the sports fans.
- Discover:Snapchat introduced the Discover section in 2015. This discovery section allows the users to post in an interactive form. There will be few advertisements in between the snaps.Although no one knows how many Snapchat makes the Discover feature. Most likely, both publisher and Snapchat will be sharing ad revenue.
Top 5 biggest Snapchat Competitors or Alternative?
Facebook is one of the biggest competitors of Snapchat. Facebook is an American based online social media-based company located in Menlo Park, California, United States.
Facebook can be accessed from devices like mobile phone, tablet, or computer with internet connectivity. After registering, the user can create their profile. They can post photos, videos or text and shared with their friends.
According to the report of 2018, Facebook had almost 2.3 billion monthly active users, and it was the most downloaded app globally in 2010.
Pinterest is another strong competitor of Snapchat. Pinterest is an American based image sharing social media platform designed for the discovery of information(interesting ideas).
According to the latest report of August 2020, Pinterest had more than 400 million monthly active users.
Twitter is an American based social networking site on which peoples interact with messages and post known as “tweers”. Users can access Twitter through different devices like mobile phones, tablets and computers through its website interface or a mobile app.
According to the report of 2012, more than 100 million peoples posted almost 340 million tweets in a day and 2018; Twitter had more than 321 million monthly active users.
YouTube is also another American based most famous online video sharing platform headquartered located in San Bruno, California United States. It was developed by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawad Karim in 2005.
In 2005, Google Bought this site is $1.65 billion.
According to the report of 2017, there were more than 400 hours of video content on YouTube in each minute, and almost 1 billion hours of video content every day.
In 2019, more than 500 hours of content were uploaded on YouTube every minute. The estimated annual earning of YouTube is $15 billion.
Tiktok is not a big competitor as compared to Facebook and YouTube. But its audience increases day-by-day.
Tiktok is a Chines short video sharing platform owned by the ByteDance company. You can upload the of a short video of 3 to 60 seconds.
According to the report of Oct 2020, Tiktok had more than 2 billion downloads worldwide.
Where Be Will Snapchat in 10 Years?
I have been starting using Snapchat for few of months. There Dj Khaled snaps have more than 3 million views on each snap.
If Snapchat introduces the monetization feature like Facebook and YouTube, it will be a 1 billion users platform within 5 to 10 years.
Snap Inc is a leading internet content based company in the United States.
During the day time price has varied from $41.15 to $45.6. The latest price was $45.38.
- Revenue Growth:
According to the report of 2016, Snap.Inc revenue was over $404 million as compared to 2015 ($59 million). That is an incredible increase.
- User Engagement:
Snapchat has nearly 158 million daily users and 301 million monthly users, and almost 2.5 billion snaps are sent every day. A considerable percentage of 18–24-year-olds (youngsters) use Snapchat daily, a challenging demographic for marketers to reach.
- Slowing growth:
while they continue to grow, the change is decelerating.
- Increasing competition:
The competition is very tough; many apps are launching the same features like Instagram stories is growing and is very similar to Snapchat.
25 Interesting & Surprising Facts You Didn’t Know About Snapchat:
There, I have write 25 interesting facts about Snapchat as follows:
- Surprisingly, Almost 61% of the Snapchat audience is Female.
- There are more than 210 million active Snapchat users in the world.
- Almost 74% of United States Snapchat users are between 18 to 24 years old.
- Almost 90% of Unites States users are between 13 to 24 years old.
- Almost 63% visits the Snapchat app regularly.
- Taco Bell filter paid almost $75,000 for one day Ad.
- 4 out of 10 Snapchat users says they found a new brand through snaps.
- Snapchat Show video Ads in a vertical direction.
- You can follow different Business experts on Snapchat.
- Both Netflix and Snapchat create Snapchat Geo-filter.
- Snapchat’s swipe-up cost is five times greater than any social media CTR.
- day on the Snapchat app.
- Snapchat old name was Picaboo.
- Snapchat’s Charm Is Called “Ghostface Chillah”
- Instagram and Facebook borrowed video content from the Snapchat.
- Snapchat users share 2.1 million snaps per minuter on the Snapchat app.
- The current value of Snapchat is 23.5 billion.
- Snapchat was created after the 34 tries.
- Snapchat inventors had fallen out before it was released.
- The Audience of the Snapchat was doubled after the launching of Gender Swap and Toddler filters.
- The Owner of the Facebook Mark Zuckerberg wants to buy Snapchat.
- Snapchat is the king of video content marketing around the world.
- Snapchat Video Ads give more purchase than any other Ad format.
- Almost 60% of the Snapchat ads are running with audio.
- Average Snapchat users are spending almost 25 to 30 minutes a
- Almost 93% of the users only shared the snap of drink.
How to Make Money on Snapchat? 6 Proven Ways to Earn with Snap:
The best thing about Snapchat, like other famous social media platforms, it also provides the facility to its users to make money through different methods and techniques.
After you have collected enough viewers and followers, you can earn money either by working your brand ambassador or as an influencer, or by promoting your business and products.
Below I have mentioned the six useful ways to make money through Snapchat:
- Promoting your products and business on the Snapchat.
- Promote the Affiliate products on Snapchat and earned commission.
- Promote your Services and products using sponsored posts.
- Create Sponsored posts and lenses to promote your consulting and coaching services.
- Becoming a Snapchat influencer.
- Create Snap ads and apply the call to action to your services.
The Most Commonly Asked Snapchat Questions
How many locations does Snapchat have?
Snap.Inc family is growing big day-by-day. Now Snapchat has 25 child offices in 15 different countries, and its headquarter is located in Santa Monica, California, United States.
Where Salesfore is hosted?
Salesforce is an American cloud-based software company based in San Francisco, California, United States.
Who are Snap Inc auditors?
Young and Ernst are the auditors of Snap Inc. (snapchat).
Which is the hosting company used by Snapchat?
Snapchat is using “Google’s App Engine” service for hosting the app.
What’s New with Snapchat?
Snapchat introduces a new feature “Camera Kit” for the developers. Through Camera, Kit developers can bring Snapchat’s camera and AR capabilities to their own apps.
Who acquired Snapchat?
Snapchat is owned by the company Snap Inc which is the parent company of Snapchat.
Snap Inc has also developed and maintained many other technologies, products and services like Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Snapchat.
All Snapchat (Snap) Locations
|Mountain View, California United States||Maps|
|San Francisco, California United States||Maps|
|New York, NY United States||Maps|
|Chicago Illinois, United States||Maps|
|2025 1st Ave #500, Seattle, WA 98121, United States||Maps|
|JM64+HG Seattle, Washington, United States||Plus code|
|619 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291, United States||Maps|
|XGRC+VR Venice, Los Angeles, CA, United States||Plus code|
|SNAP Financial Group|
|1 Toronto St Suite 1010, Toronto, ON M5C 2V6, Canada||Maps / Street View|
|JJXF+XP Toronto, Ontario, Canada||Plus code|
|7-11 Lexington St, Soho, London W1F 9AF, United Kingdom||Maps / Street View|
|GV67+RR London, United Kingdom||Plus code|
|Kfar Yehoshua, Israel||Maps|
|Dubai دبي United Arab Emirates||Maps|
Hope the article is according to your demand. We aim to provide deep insight into Snapchat. We have conducted complete research on each aspect and then started to write an engaging and concise article in Informative Tone.
Snapchat is an entertaining app, that was developed by Evan Spiegel, Reggie Brown and Bobby Murphy in 2011 Santa Monica, California, United States.
The old name of Snapchat was Picaboo. , but it was changed on Sep 24, 2016, as Snap Inc. Snap Inc has also developed and maintained many other technologies, like Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Snapchat.
Now Snapchat is the king of video content marketing around the world. The current value of Snapchat is 23.5 billion.
Snapchat users share 2.1 million snaps per minute on the Snapchat app. And the number of snaps is increasing day-by-day.
If you are facing any issues while reading the article, let us know in the comment box below! We will reach you soon!
YOU’ll ALSO LIKE:
Wells Fargo Corporate Headquarters
Johnson & Johnson Headquarters Office
Pfizer Inc. Headquarters
Alphabet Inc. Headquarters
Facebook, Inc. Headquarter
ABB Group Headquarters Office
Oracle Corporation Headquarters
Visa Inc. Headquarters