Insurance companies, vehicle field to be specific, are always the first in line when it comes to providing services to customers who are willing to have professional insurance solutions from professionals and financial planners for such investments in certain situations as well as the provision of customer service real-time. One of the most trustworthy and high-quality vehicle insurance companies and other services as well is the Progressive Corporation
The Progressive Corporation is regarded as one of the largest key players of auto insurance in the USA. The company also insures several vehicles aside from common cars such as motorcycles, boats, RVs and commercial vehicles, and provides home insurance through select companies. Progressive is currently active in the international market, offering car insurance in Australia. The company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joseph M. Lewis, and is based in Mayfield Village, Ohio.
|HQ:||6300 Wilson Mills Rd, Mayfield, Ohio, United States|
|Traded as:||NYSE: PGR|
|Founded:||March 10, 1937|
|Founders:||Lawton W. Fitt (Chairman); Tricia Griffith (President and CEO)|
All Progressive Insurance Locations
6300 Wilson Mills Road, Mayfield Village, OH 44143, United States
Progressive Insurance Phone Number: 440-461-5000
Key People/Executives for Progressive Corporation
|Mr. Glenn M. Renwick||Executive Chairman|
|Mrs. Susan Patricia Griffith||Chief Exec. Officer, Pres and Director|
|Mr. John Peter Sauerland||Chief Financial Officer and VP|
|Mr. William M. Cody||Chief Investment Officer|
|Mr. M. Jeffrey Charney||Chief Marketing Officer|
Progressive Corporation Profile/Overview
In the year of 1937, Progressive was born. This was made successful by Joseph Lewis and Jack Green and named it as the Progressive Insurance Company. From the first operations in 1956 the company found its speciality insuring more risky or dangerous drivers. This narrowed down their services to a more specific one.
In the year of 1987, the sum of the company’s premiums on paper amounted to a humble $1 billion while in 2016, that number crossed the $20 billion goal.
The company tried to make a respectable attempt to live up to its name by being innovative in the industry. It showcases being the first auto insurance company to have an operating website for the ease of customers to purchase policies via web and later to pioneer allowing the use of mobile browsers and smartphone apps for rating and managing policies. It was also the first to real time reporting.
As it has grown, Progressive has been regarded as a one-stop insurance provider for families and other groups in order to more competently compete with other top-insurers.
Progressive Corporation Products/Capabilities
The Progressive Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides the following:
- Personal and commercial property-casualty insurance
- Insurances in the specific specialty, property-casualty insurance services primarily in the united states)
Its Personal Lines segment writes the following product and service coverage:
- Personal auto insurance
- Line of specialty products insurances, including insurance for motorcycles, atvs, rvs, mobile homes, watercraft, and snowmobiles.
The company’s Commercial Lines segment provides:
- Primary liability
- Physical damage
- Other auto-related insurance for autos, vans, and different types of trucks used by small businesses
- Construction and/or freight vehicle insurances regional general freight and expeditor-type businesses, and non-fleet long-haul operators; dump trucks, log trucks, and garbage trucks used by dirt, sand and gravel, logging, and coal-type businesses
- Tow trucks and wreckers used in towing services and gas/service station businesses
- Non-fleet taxis, black-car services, and airport taxis.
Progressive Corporation’s Property segment provides the following:
- Residential property insurance for homeowners
- Other property owners, and renters, as well as offers personal umbrella insurance
- Primary and excess flood insurance
- Policy issuance and insurance claims adjusting services
- Home, condominium, renters, and other insurance
- General liability and business owners policies, and workers compensation insurance, as well as sells personal auto physical damage and auto property damage liability insurance in australia.
- Reinsurance services and quotes
YOU’ll ALSO LIKE:
Quest Diagnostics Headquarters
Johnson & Johnson Headquarters Office
Pfizer Inc. Headquarters
Alphabet Inc. Headquarters
Facebook, Inc. Headquarter
ABB Group Headquarters Office
Oracle Corporation Headquarters
Visa Inc. Headquarters