The sector of software companies worldwide is increasing in terms of overall demand and popularity. In particular, the United States is considered as one of the software company hotspots that are actually playing a definitive contribution in software development as well as other services being offered such as technical support. Namely, one of these is the established software company developed by their owners— Oracle Corporation.
Oracle Corporation is a world-renowned, international computer technology corporation. They are based in Redwood Shores, California. They specialize primarily in developing and marketing database software and technology, cloud engineered systems and enterprise software products in its own several brands of database management systems. For all that we know about Oracle Corporation, there are some interesting facts few people know about.
|HQ:||2300 Oracle Way, Austin, TX 78741, United States|
|Traded as||NYSE: ORCL|
|Industry||Enterprise software, Cloud computing and Computer hardware|
|Founded:||June 16, 1977; Santa Clara, California, U.S.|
|Founder||Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates|
|Products||Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, Oracle cloud, Enterprise Manager, Oracle Fusion Middleware, servers, workstations, storage|
|Services||Business software, applications and consulting|
|Subsidiaries:||Business software, applications and consulting|
|Websites:||www.oracle.com / SEO Scores|
List Oracle Corporation Corporate Offices Worldwide
Address: 500 Oracle Parkway Redwood City, CA 94065 United States
Contact number: 650-506-7000
Key People/Executives for Oracle Corporation
|Mr. Lawrence J. Ellison||Co-Founder, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer|
|Ms. Safra Ada Catz||Chief Exec. Officer and Director|
|Mr. Mark Vincent Hurd||Chief Exec. Officer and Director|
|Mr. John F. Fowler||Exec. VP of Systems|
|Mr. Thomas Kurian||Pres of Product Devel|
In the inception of Oracle, Larry Ellison is one of the cofounders of Oracle Corporation in the year of 1978, together with Bob Miner and Ed Oates. Previously named as Software Development Laboratories (SDL), Mr. Ellison was inspired from a ‘70s paper by Edgar F. Codd on relational database management systems (RDBMS) entitled “A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks.” These happenstances began taking a tour to the humble Oracle company profile from that point on.
He heard about the IBM System R database from an article in the IBM Research Journal provided by Oates. Derivations were traced and Ellison wanted to enhance Oracle’s product compatibility with System R, but failed to do so due to errors in the system.
In 1979, Software Dev’t Laboratories was renamed to Relational Software, Inc (RSI) and then was renamed again to the current Oracle Systems Corporation in 1982. Renaming was inspired by aligning the company more closely with its flagship product, the Oracle Database. From this point forward, Bob Miner served as the company’s senior programmer.
In 1995, Oracle Systems Corporation changed its name to Oracle Corporation, officially named Oracle, but sometimes referred to as the holding company’s name, Oracle Corporation. One of the company’s initial milestones emanated from using the C programming language for its products’ implementation. This eased porting to different operating systems which most of them supported C systems.
In the 4th quarter of 2016, Oracle Corporation has 136,263 employees and continues to provide its software products and services in the US and in the international market in various office locations around the world.
Oracle Corporation Products and Services
The Oracle Corporation is dedicated to providing software products and services worldwide. It offers services in three primary layers the main cloud. These are as follows:
- Software as a Service,
- Platform as a Service, and
- Infrastructure as a Service
The company’s Oracle Database (Oracle DBA) software enables such functions such as:
- Storage of data
- Retrieval of data
- manipulation of various forms of data and information
The Oracle Fusion Middleware software showcases unique functions and provisions. These are as follows:
- Build business application framework
- Deploy applications
- Secure application protection measures
- Access business applications
- Integrate business applications
- Automate business processes
- Provision of large range of software functionality for mobile computing
Java is Oracle’s revolutionary software development language. This programming language has been used to countless functionality in the field of software development, coding, and application.
Other services include:
- Offering services in the application software, such as human capital and talent management.
- Offering hardware systems products, such as Oracle Engineered Systems, servers, storage, networking, industry specific hardware and more.
- Furthermore offering customers with permissions or rights to software product upgrades and maintenance releases and other open-source related web content.
- Offering consultation services, such as IT strategy alignment, enterprise architecture planning and design.
10 Interesting Facts about Oracle Corporation
- The original name of Oracle was Software Development Laboratories in 1977; they switched the name to Relational Software Inc. in 1979. It was Oracle Systems Corporation in 1982 after the project they won with CIA was declassified, and in 1995 they changed the name to Oracle Corporation as is known today.
- Oracle nearly went bankrupt in the 1990s and had to lay off hundreds of employees due to several class-action lawsuits.
- Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle, owned several aircraft and two military jets whiles a licensed pilot himself.
- The wedding photograph for Larry Ellison and Malanie Craft was actually taken by the Apple founder, Steve Jobs.
- The former site of Oracle’s headquarters was the Marine World Africa USA amusement park.
- 98 percent of Lanai, Hawaii’s sixth-largest island was purchased by Larry Ellison
- Larry Ellison is declared to be the richest man in California, the majority of his wealth comes from the 22.5% shares he owns in his company.
- Oracle is known to be a sponsor to the Golden State Warriors. Golden State Warriors are an American professional basketball team based in Oakland, California with the team home court at Oracle Arena previously named as Oakland Arena.
- Larry Ellison enjoys outdoor activities such as boat racing and mountain biking. He owns a 452-foot yacht which is the fourth largest in the world.
- There was never a version 1 of Oracle database. Larry Ellison called the new software as Oracle database version 2.
YOU’ll ALSO LIKE:
BP Plc Headquarters
Johnson & Johnson Headquarters Office
Uber Headquarters Office
Pfizer Inc. Headquarters
Alphabet Inc. Headquarters
Wells Fargo Headquarter
ABB Group Headquarters Office
Apple Inc. Headquarters