Where is Fortinet Inc. Headquarters on Map?
Fortinet is an American multinational corporation in the network and computer security industry. They are headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, United States. It develops and markets cyber-security software, appliances and services, such as firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion prevention and endpoint security, and more.
|HQ:||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
|Traded as:||NASDAQ: FTNT|
|Industry:||Cybersecurity, Network Security, Cloud Security|
|Key people:||Ken Xie, Michael Xie|
|Products:||Fortinet Security Fabric, FortiGate UTM, FortiGate enterprise, FortiGate carrier, FortiWeb, FortiSIEM, FortiSandbox, FortiClient, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer|
|Services:||next generation firewalls, antivirus programs, intrusion-prevention system, antispyware, antispam, VPN, wireless security, application control, web filtering and Security information and event management|
|Business data for Fortinet:||Google Finance / Yahoo! Finance / SEC filings|
899 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States
Support contact number: 408-235-7700
Key People/Executives for Fortinet, Inc.
|Mr. Ken Xie||Founder, Chairman and Chief Exec. Officer|
|Mr. Michael Xie||Co-Founder, Pres, Chief Technology Officer and Director|
|Mr. Andrew H. Del Matto||Chief Financial Officer|
|Mr. John Whittle||VP of Corp. Devel., Gen. Counsel and Corp. Sec.|
|Mr. Keith F. Jensen||Chief Accounting Officer, VP of Fin. and Corp. Controller|
In 2000, Fortinet was founded in Sunnyvale, California by brothers Ken and Michael Xie. They had previously served in executive positions at NetScreen and ServGate respectively. The company was initially named Appligation Inc., then renamed to Appsecure in December of 2000 and then to the current Fortinet, based on the flagship phrase “Fortified Networks.” Two years were spent in research and development, before introducing its first product in 2002.
Fortinet rose private funding amounting to $13 million from 2000 to early 2003. From there, it grew to the point that it went ten-fold. Its first channel program was established in October 2003.
International distributions began when Westcon Canada started distributing FortiGate products in Canada in December 2003, which was followed by Norwood Adam in the UK in February 2004.
The reseller program was re-organized in January 2006 and named “SOC in a BOX”. By 2004 Fortinet extended its expansions and had offices in Asia, Europe and in North America.
Fortinet, Inc. Products and Services
The Fortinet technologies provide cybersecurity solutions for enterprises, service providers, and government organizations worldwide. The company offers the following products and services:
- FortiGate physical and software licenses that provide various security and networking functions, including firewall, intrusion prevention, anti-malware, virtual private network, application control, Web filtering, anti-spam, and wide area network acceleration.
- FortiManager product family to provide a central management solution for FortiGate products comprising software updates, configuration, policy settings, and security updates for router
- FortiAnalyzer product family, which offers a single point of network log data collection. It also provides FortiAP secure wireless access points
- FortiWeb, a Web application firewall
- FortiMail email security
- FortiDB database security appliances
- FortiClient, an endpoint security software
- FortiSwitch secure switch connectivity products.
- In addition, the company provides FortiSandbox advanced threat protection solutions; and FortiDDos and FortiDB database security appliances. Further, it offers security subscription, technical support, training, and professional services.
Security in firewall, as well as VPN client, is one of the needs in complying overall reliability in businesses. Such companies and competitors exist to provide highest qualities possible with regards to website security check, corporate solutions, partners and customer care and as well as competitive pricing. One of which is Qualys, Inc.