Devices in the medical world are made in quality to its customers and potential ventures. Such companies dedicated to make these are integrated in order to deliver the demands. Mentioning one of the key players in this industry is the Boston Scientific Corporation.
Boston Scientific Corporation (known as Boston Scientific) is a corporate international leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of medical devices which showcases products in the range of interventional medical specialties, including the following medical disciplines: interventional radiology, interventional cardiology, peripheral interventions, neuromodulation, neurovascular intervention, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, endoscopy, oncology, urology and gynecology. They are also known in developing diabetes products.
Boston Scientific Corporation Headquarters Address
|Traded as||(BSX Stock) NYSE: BSX|
|Industry focused||Medical devices industry|
|Founder||John Abele, Peter Nicholas, Michael Mahoney and Daniel Brennan|
|Headquarters/Based in||Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA|
|Products||Branded medical devices|
- Mailing address: 300 Boston Scientific Way, Marlborough, MA 01752, USA
- Boston Scientific Japan: Nikko Building,1-14-11 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0023, Japan
- Phone number: 508-683-4000
- Website: www.bostonscientific.com
- Cameron Health
- Symetis SA
- Target Therapeutics Inc.
- Cardiac Pacemakers, Inc.
Key People/Executives for Boston Scientific Corporation
|Mr. Michael F. Mahoney||Chief Exec. Officer, Pres and Director|
|Mr. Daniel J. Brennan||Chief Financial Officer and Exec. VP|
|Mr. Timothy A. Pratt||Chief Admin. Officer, Exec. VP, Gen. Counsel and Sec|
|Mr. Joseph M. Fitzgerald||Exec. VP and Pres of Rhythm Management|
|Mr. Kevin J. Ballinger||Exec. VP and Pres of Interventional Cardiology|
Boston Scientific Corporation Profile/Overview
- Forming of the BSC was done on June 29, 1979 as a holding company for a medical products company called Medi-Tech, and to position the company for growth in interventional medicine. IPO was made by the company on May 19, 1992.
Approval to The Taxus Stent was made in 2003 in Europe and other countries and approved in the United States by the FDA in March 2004. It was considered as the second drug-eluting stent approved in the USA.
- On April 21, 2006, the company made an acquisition to their longtime competitor Guidant for $27.2 billion. It was then split between BSC and Abbott Laboratories.
- Forming of Navilyst Medical was done in February 2008 from Boston Scientific’s Fluid Management and Vascular Access business units.
Boston Scientific Corporation Products/Capabilities
Boston Scientific Corporation is highly dedicated in developing, manufacturing, and marketing medical devices for use in various interventional medical specialties internationally. It operates through three segments:
- Rhythm Management
The company offers the following products:
- Interventional cardiology products, including drug-eluting coronary stent systems used in the treatment of coronary artery disease
- Other coronary therapy products to treat atherosclerosis
- Intravascular catheter-directed ultrasound imaging catheters, fractional flow reserve devices, and systems for use in coronary arteries and heart chambers, as well as certain peripheral vessels
- Structural heart therapy systems
- Stents, balloon catheters, wires, peripheral embolization devices, and vena cava filters used to treat peripheral arterial disease
- Biliary stents, drainage catheters, and micro-puncture sets to treat, diagnose, and ease benign and malignant tumors.
- Cardiac rhythm management devices, such as implantable cardioverter defibrillator systems to detect and treat abnormally fast heart rhythms
- Implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker systems used to treat heart failure
- Medical technologies to diagnose and treat rate and rhythm disorders of the heart comprising steerable radio frequency ablation catheters, intracardiac ultrasound catheters, diagnostic catheters, delivery sheaths, and other accessories
- Products to diagnose and treat diseases of the pulmonary and gastrointestinal conditions
- Devices to diagnose, treat, and ease pulmonary disease systems within the airway and lungs
- Products to treat urinary stone disease and benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Mid-urethral sling products, sling and graft materials, pelvic floor reconstruction kits, and suturing devices
- And spinal cord stimulator systems for the management of chronic pain