Medical equipment are made to dedicate them to potential customers and firms. Certain creations and acquisitions are being made especially in the health care and their corresponding human resources.
Mentioning one of the key players in this industry is the Becton, Dickinson and Company.
Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) is a MedTech corporation based in the United States that makes and sells medical devices, instrument systems, and other related products.
Founded in 1897 and corporate in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, the company has 50,000 people working in more than 50 locations in countries internationally. In fiscal year ending of September 30, 2009, more than half of BD sales were generated from non-U.S. markets.
Becton, Dickinson and Company Headquarters Address
|Traded as||(BDX Stock) NYSE: BDX|
|Industry focused||Medical equipment|
|Founder||Maxwell Becton, Fairleigh S. Dickinson|
|Headquarters/Based in||BD HQ, Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA|
|Products||Medical utility and equipment|
- Address location: #1 Becton Drive, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417, U.S.A.
- Phone number: 201-847-6800
- Website: http://www.bd.com
- Accuri Cytometers Inc.
- Becton Dickinson A
- Becton Dickinson and more.
Key People/Executives for Becton, Dickinson and Company
|Mr. Vincent A. Forlenza||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer|
|Mr. Thomas E. Polen Jr.||President|
|Mr. Christopher R. Reidy||Chief Financial Officer, Chief Admin. Officer and Executive VP|
|Mr. Alexandre Conroy||Executive VP and Pres of Europe, EMA and the Americas|
|Dr. Ellen R. Strahlman M.D., M.H.Sc.||Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President of BD R&D|
Becton, Dickinson and Company Profile/Overview
- Maxwell W. Becton and Fairleigh S. Dickinson were the proponents of the company in 1897, two American businessmen who met on a sales trip. In the same year of first sales, a Luer-all-glass syringe that sold for an amount of $2.50. In 1898, the first patent for a medical product was acquired. In 1899 initial design of logo was created in which was meant to symbolize guaranteed superior quality of the products provided by the company.
- In 1948, the next generation of Fairleigh S. Dickinson, Jr. and Henry P. Becton, sons of the founders, led the BD. Their term was a time of rapid development for BD. The company generally grew within the U.S. as well as internationally.
- In 1973, another U.S. facility was added by BD—a research center in Durham, North Carolina in Research Triangle Park. It was built to help meet United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements, research improved manufacturing and process methods, and develop future innovative technologies.
- In 1999, as BD exists for more than a century, it was announced that BD has its new corporate identity. Later then it was shortened to BD.
- The notable year of ’06 was to document BD’s growth as the acquisition was done to GeneOhm Sciences—a leader in the development of molecular diagnostic testing for the rapid detection of bacterial organisms and TriPath Imaging—a cancer diagnostics company.
Becton, Dickinson and Company Products/Capabilities
Becton, Dickinson and Company is dedicated to bring medical products internationally. It operates in two segments. They are:
- BD Medical – This segment offers products such as syringes, pen needles, and IV sets for diabetes; and intravenous catheters for medication delivery of needles, syringes,; prefilled IV flush syringes; regional anesthesia needles and trays; sharps disposal containers; closed-system transfer devices; skin antiseptic products; surgical and laproscopic instrumentations; intravenous medication safety and infusion therapy delivery.
- BD Life Sciences – The BD Life Sciences segment provides systems for specimen acquisition processes; safety-engineered blood collection, automated blood culturing and tuberculosis culturing, and microorganism identification and drug susceptibility systems; tests for molecular specimen systems for infectious diseases and women’s health; liquid-based cytology systems for cervical cancer screening; rapid diagnostic assays; microbiology laboratory automation, and plated media products.