There is a steadily-increasing demand for equipment in the medical industry. Certain firms are clamouring for more. One of the most recognized companies out there is the Baxter International Inc.
Baxter International Inc. is an international medical company that is listed in the Fortune 500 with locations and stocks around the world. Based on their corporate office in Deerfield US, it mainly focuses on healthcare and products to treat various diseases and inflammations such as hemophilia, kidney disease, immune disorders and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The company had overall sales in 2013 of $16.3 billion, across two businesses such as BioScience and Medical Products.
Baxter International Inc. Headquarters Address
|Traded as||(BAX Stock) NYSE: BAX|
|Industry focused||Medical equipment|
|Founder||Jose E. Almeida, Jay Saccaro|
|Headquarters/Based in||Deerfield, Illinois, USA|
|Products||Medical products primarily to treat hemophilia|
- Address location: One Baxter Pkwy, Df2-1W Deerfield 60015-4625 United States USA
- Phone number/contact information: 224-948-2000
- Website: www.baxter.com
- Baxter World Trade Corporation
- Baxter India Private Ltd.
- Baxter Pharmaceutical Solutions LLC
- Baxter Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Claris Lifesciences
- Baxter Healthcare Ltd. and more.
Key People/Executives for Baxter International Inc.
|Mr. José E. Almeida||Chairman, Chief Exec. Officer and Pres|
|Mr. James K. Saccaro||Chief Financial Officer and Exec. VP|
|Mr. Brik V. Eyre||Sr. VP and Pres of Americas|
|Mr. Giuseppe Accogli||Sr. VP and Pres of Global Bus.es|
|Mr. David P. Scharf||Consultant|
Baxter International Inc. Profile/Overview
Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides renal and hospital products. The Company operates through two segments: Hospital Products and Renal. Its Hospital Products business manufactures sterile intravenous (IV) solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, IV nutrition products, parenteral nutrition therapies, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics and biosurgery products. The Renal business offers a portfolio to meet the needs of patients with end-stage renal disease, or irreversible kidney disease and acute kidney injuries, including technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), hemodialysis (HD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) and additional dialysis services. Its products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors’ offices and by patients at home under physician supervision.
Baxter International Inc. Products/Capabilities
- Baxter International Inc. provides a portfolio of a wide range of renal and hospital products. The company operates through product pipelines of two segments:
- Hospital Products – This segment is responsible for manufacturing intravenous or IV solutions and administration sets, V nutrition products, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, Iparenteral nutrition therapies, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics, and biosurgery products. This segment also provides products and services related to pharmacy compounding, drug formulation, and packaging technologies.
- Renal products – The Renal segment is responsible for the provision of products intended to treat end-stage renal disease, irreversible kidney failure, and acute kidney therapies. This segment offers products for various treatment continuums, such as technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, and additional dialysis services.