Pharmaceutical and biotech companies are dedicated to give quality possible product and service quality to its customers and potential ventures. International medications and pharmaceuticals together with their subsidiaries are integrated in order to deliver the demands. Mentioning one of the key players in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is the AstraZeneca.
AstraZeneca plc is a pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical company based on the nature of an Anglo–Swedish multination. HQ and office locations was transferred to Cambridge, England in 2013, and concentrated its R&D and AstraZeneca pipeline in the following sites: Cambridge; Gaithersburg, Maryland which is the location of MedImmune for bio-pharma work and Mölndal (near Gothenburg) in Sweden, for research on traditional chemical drugs (like diabetes drugs). Consideration as the eighth-largest drug company in the world based on sales revenue was given in the year of 2015.
AstraZeneca Headquarters Address
|Traded as||LSE: AZN
Nasdaq Stockholm: AZN
FTSE 100 Component
|Industry focused||Pharmaceutical and biotechnology|
|Founded in||April 6, 1999 in Cambridge, England|
|Founder||Leif Johannson, Pascal Soriot|
|Headquarters/Based in||Cambridge, England|
|Products||Branded and generic pharmaceutical products, biotech products|
- Address Location: 1 Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0AA, UK
- Phone number: 44 20 3749 5000
- Website: http://www.astrazeneca.com
MedImmune has over 120 drugs in development for conditions including lupus, COPD, asthma, and many types of cancer. Major phase III trials include.
|durvalumab (anti-PD-L1)||benralizumab (anti-IL-5R)|
|tremelimumab (anti-CTLA-4)||tralokinumab (anti-IL-13)|
|moxetumomab pasudotox (anti-CD22)||anifrolumab (anti-IFN-aR)|
Key People/Executives for AstraZeneca
|Mr. Pascal Soriot||CEO & Exec. Director|
|Mr. Marc Dunoyer||CFO & Exec. Director|
|Ms. Pam P. Cheng||Exec. Vice-Pres of Operations and Information Technology|
|Mr. Jefrey Pott||Gen. Counsel|
|Ms. Katarina Ageborg||Chief Compliance Officer|
- In 1913, Astra AB was initially founded in Södertälje, Sweden, by 400 doctors and apothecaries. In 1993 Demerging of pharmaceuticals businesses and its agrochemicals and specialties businesses was done by the British chemicals company ICI, to form Zeneca Group plc. Eventually in the year of 1999 merging of Astra and Zeneca Group was commenced to form AstraZeneca plc, with its headquarters in London.
- In 2002, Irresa, a drug based in Japan, was approved as monotherapy for the condition of non-small cell lung cancer. On 3 January 2004, a management team of ZI Medical was formed by Dr. Robert Nolan, a former director of AstraZeneca.
- In July 2017, the company’s CEO Pascal Soriot said that Brexit would not affect its commitment to its current plans in the United Kingdom. However, it had slowed decision making for new investment projects waiting for post-Brexit regulatory regime to settle down.
AstraZeneca PLC is dedicated to the overall discovery, development, manufacture, and commercialization of prescription medicines for immuno oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, infection, gastrointestinal, and neuroscience diseases in the international market.
- Its marketed products for oncology diseases comprise the following:
- Its marketed products for cardiovascular diseases comprise the following:
|Atacand1/Atacand HCT/Atacand Plus||Plendil|
- Its marketed products for metabolic diseases comprise the following:
|Kombiglyze XR||Xigduo XR|
- AstraZeneca’s marketed products for respiratory diseases comprise the following:
|Accolate||Eklira Genuair/Tudorza Pressair|
|Bevespi Aerosphere||Oxis Turbuhaler|
|Bricanyl Respules||Pulmicort Turbuhaler/Pulmicort Flexhaler|
|Bricanyl Turbuhaler||Pulmicort Respules|
|Duaklir Genuair||Symbicort Turbuhaler|
- AstraZeneca’s marketed products for infection diseases comprise the following:
- Fluenz Tetra/FluMist Quadrivalent
- AstraZeneca’s marketed products for neuroscience diseases comprise the following:
- Seroquel IR
- Seroquel XR
- AstraZeneca’s marketed products for gastrointestinal diseases comprise the following:
Primary care and specialty care physicians through distributors and local representative offices are beign served by AstraZeneca. Their pipeline products include 132 projects, of which 120 are in the clinical phase of development.