Pharmaceutical products and services are provided by companies that are dedicated to its people. Pharmaceutical companies form merges and are strategically integrated in order to deliver the demands in the international market. One of the main players in the pharmaceutical industry is the AmerisourceBergen Corporation.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation (referred to as ABC AmeriSource) is a drug company based in the USA that was formed by the merger of Bergen Brunswig and AmeriSource in 2001. Corporate headquarters of the AmerisourceBergen group are in subsidiaries and locations (HQ) in the US, mainly in Pennsylvania.
Drug distribution specialty in their distribution centers and related services designed to reduce costs and improve patient outcomes, distribute a range of brand name and generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) health care products and home health care supplies and equipment to a wide variety of health care providers located throughout the United States are provided by the company.
Provision of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy services to long-term care, workers’ compensation, HR portals and specialty drug patients are also practised.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation Headquarters Address
|Traded as||(ABC Stock) NYSE: ABC|
|Founded in||2001 (by merging of AmeriSource Health and Bergen Brunswig)|
|Founder||Richard C. Gozon & Steven H. Collis|
|Headquarters/Based in||Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Products||Pharmaceutical products and services|
- 1300 – Morris Drive, Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania 19087, USA
- Google Map Places
- Phone number: 610-727-7000
- Website: www.amerisourcebergen.com
Key People/Executives for AmerisourceBergen Corporation
|Mr. Steven H. Collis||Chairman, CEO & President|
|Mr. Tim G. Guttman||CFO & Executive Vice President|
|Mr. John G. Chou||Chief Legal & Bus. Officer & Executive Vice President|
|Dr. Robert P. Mauch PharmD, Ph.D.||Executive Vice President and Group Pres of Pharmaceutical Distribution & Strategic Global Sourcing|
|Mr. James D. Frary||Executive Officer|
AmerisourceBergen Corporation Profile/OverviewC
In the year of 2001, the company was initially formed, following the merger of two existing corporations: AmeriSource Health Corporation and Bergen Brunswig Corporation. They were both successful pharmaceutical distributors that served common ventures but covered somewhat different geographies. The said corporate move gave the company a strong national presence that was utilised to the international pharmacies, regional retail chain pharmacies, hospitals and more.
The prosperous company totalled to 26 pharmaceutical distribution centers in the United States alone, nine distribution centers in Canada, four specialty distribution centers in the US, and over 1 million square feet of packaging production space in the US and the UK. Together with the added functionality of the World Courier, the largest specialty courier company in the world, increasing to more than a hundred.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation Products/Capabilities
The AmerisourceBergen Corporation sources and distributes pharmaceutical products in the international market. The company is divided into several segments:
- Its Pharmaceutical Distribution (PD) segment distributes the following products:
- Brand-name and generic pharmaceuticals
- Over-the-counter healthcare products
- Home healthcare supplies and equipment
- Outsourced compounded sterile preparations
- Related services to various healthcare providers, including acute care hospitals and health systems, independent and chain retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, medical clinics, long-term care and other alternate site pharmacies, and other customers.
- Pharmacy overall management processes, staffing, and other consulting services
- Supply management software to retail and institutional healthcare providers
packaging solutions to various institutional and retail healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical distribution and other services primarily to medical professionals, primarily oncology, as well as to other healthcare providers, including hospitals and dialysis clinics
- Distributes plasma and other blood products, injectable pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and other specialty products
- Offers third party logistics and outcomes research, and other services for biotechnology and other pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- The company’s Other segment is dedicated to provide commercialization support services, including the following specifics:
- Reimbursement support programs
- Outcomes research
- Contract field staffing
- Patient assistance and co-pay assistance programs
- Adherence programs
- Risk mitigation services
- Other market access programs to pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers
- Specialty transportation and logistics services for the biopharmaceutical industry
- Animal health care products.
YOU’ll ALSO LIKE:
American Telephone and Telegraph Company Headquarters
Rio Tinto Headquarters
Pfizer Inc. Headquarters
Alphabet Inc. Headquarters
Facebook, Inc. Headquarter
ABB Group Headquarters Office
Apple Inc. Headquarters
Visa Inc. Headquarters
WhatsApp Inc. Headquarters